"Domino Players," gouache on
paper, done by Derek Walcott in 1999.
- How does Walcott conceive of Achille? (cf. 30.2, 36.1, 53.1, 59.2,
- How does Walcott conceive of and understand the project of the past?
- What is the purpose of the wounding motif? (cf. 3.3, 46.3, 49, 59.1,
- Why does Walcott weave together his own story and experience with
that of the Plunketts, that of Achille-Helen- Hector, and that of Philoctete and Ma
- What is the purpose and meaning of the Omeros figure in the poem?
- What is the purpose of Helen and her beauty? (cf. 6.3, 23.3, 46.2,
- Can you characterize Omeros as a magical realist text? Why
or why not?
- Would the poem be weaker or stronger without Books 4 and 5?