MINISTRY STUDENT PROGRAM
Dr. Joe Mosley
Director of Ministry Students
The Ministry Student Office is located in Pilgrim Chapel, Suite 303.
The Ministry Student Grant/Scholarship program is available to qualifying students who have shown evidence of a divine call to vocational or bi-vocational church related Christian ministry. Applications for this grant/scholarship may be obtained from the Ministry Student Office, the Office of Financial Aid, or on the Financial Aid pages of the DBU website. Active membership in DBU's Ministry Fellowship and an annual renewal application are required. Applications for the next school year will be available in January. The deadline for submitting the application is the last day of late registration. Contact the Director of Ministry Students for more information.
Ministry Student Grant/Scholarship Applications
- Undergraduate First Year DBU Ministry Scholarship Application
- Undergraduate First Year BGCT Ministry Grant Application
- Undergraduate Renewal DBU Ministry Scholarship Application
- Undergraduate Renewal BGCT Ministry Grant Application
- Graduate First Year BGCT Ministry Grant Application
- Graduate Renewal BGCT Ministry Grant Application
Students receiving ministry scholarships and grants are required to be active members of DBU’s Ministry Fellowship. For students utilizing distance education, participation in the Ministry Fellowship’s annual Holiday Food Drive is an excellent opportunity to fulfill the requirement.
Note: In order to receive financial aid at DBU, applicants must annually complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and DBU Supplemental Application for Financial Aid and Scholarships. Contact the Office of Financial Aid regarding forms and information.
How do I know if my Church is a BGCT cooperating church?
You can search for BGCT affiliated churches through the church locator on the Baptist General Convention of Texas website at: www.texasbaptists.org
On the BGCT website, you can also find helpful information regarding:
- CHURCH PERSONNEL INFORMATION SERVICES - provides a confidential resume service for ministers, by which a church affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas can find candidates for various job openings.
- COUNSELING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES - offers career, marriage enrichment, pastoral care and personal counseling and training for ministry students, ministers and their families, and churches.
More Frequently Asked Questions
[Back to Top]
[Return to Previous Page]