Home > Academics
> College of Natural Sciences and
Mathematics > Cell Biology
A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Cell Biology from Dallas Baptist University prepares students desiring to pursue graduate work in natural sciences, medicine, or employment in entry-level positions in biotechnology or applied science. Pursuit of a cell biology major will provide students with the fundamental concepts associated with recent and emerging technological advancements in cell and molecular biology of organisms.
The biology program at Dallas Baptist University is designed to produce knowledgeable individuals who have an understanding of the basic biological tenets of God's creation. The academic information is presented in a Christian context to enhance the students' ability to become responsible, caring citizens in society.
Goals of the Cell Biology Major
A cell biology major seeks to meet the following goals:
- To understand underlying principles of the cell and how they apply to medicine and biotechnology.
- Provide an understanding of how mechanisms of the cell relate to emerging and recent technologies.
- Prepare students interested in pursuing medicine, graduate work, or biotechnology.
- To enable students to make wise ethical and moral decisions concerning issues that affect humans and their environment.
- To provide students with opportunities to apply academic experiences within the community.
View Degree Requirements
to Previous Page]