Loan – ILL
> Library & Research >
Distance Ed Procedures
Interlibrary Loan service allows the Library to borrow books
or retrieve photocopies of articles from other libraries.
If DBU does not own the book or periodical you need,
you may place an ILL request. Textbooks may not be requested through ILL.
current DBU students, faculty, and staff may place
sure DBU does not already have the item needed. Check
the Online Catalog.
early! ILL requests may take up to two weeks to fulfill.
- Please prioritize multiple requests and allow extra time for processing.
- Only one item per request form. Please use separate forms for each request.
- In a hurry? Check other libraries
in the DFW area, and use your TexShare
card to borrow from participating
- Apply for your free TexShare card at the circulation desk or online.
- Some institutions assess fees for ILL services. Please indicate the amount (if any) you are willing to pay in fees on the request form.
out the appropriate form completely. Items with * are required. Be specific.
- Return items to DBU. Please note due dates. Overdue fees of $1 per item per day are assessed.
will be notified by email and/or phone when your request
up items at the circulation desk – you must show your
current DBU ID.
a fee is charged by the lender, you must pay it at the time
not picked up will be returned to the lending library.
items will have a paper sleeve attached. Please do not remove
DISTANCE EDUCATION STUDENTS
- Off-campus students should indicate their distance ed status in the Comments sections of the ILL request form.
- Books and articles will be mailed to distance learners upon receipt in the ILL office.
- Books must be returned to DBU's library - NOT the lending library. Please mail books in time to be received by the due date.
return items by or before due date, regardless of pick-up
must be returned to the circulation desk. DO NOT USE BOOK
Learning students must return items to DBU by mail or in
is not necessary to return photocopies of articles.
libraries allow renewals or extensions – others do not.
To request an extension, please contact the ILL Supervisor
at least 3 days before the due date.
for overdue items: $1.00 per day.
are responsible for paying fees if the book is lost or damaged.
The lending library will determine the fee.
the lending library recalls the item, you must return it
information is included in the ILL request forms.
submitting a request, you are agreeing to abide by the “fair
use” restrictions of copyright law.
- Within any calendar year, for articles published within five years prior to the date of an ILL request, the DBU library can only request five articles from any single journal title. For the sixth request, the library must seek permission from the copyright owner and pay royalties. Also, within one calendar year, if a patron submits ILL requests for two articles from the same journal issue, royalty fees will apply to the second article. Fees are set by the copyright owner.
are here to help you!
more information, questions, or comments regarding Interlibrary
Loan, please contact:
ensure prompt attention to email,
include "DBU" in the subject line of your message.
to Previous Page]