This library is a congressionally designated depository for
U.S. Government documents. Public access to the
government documents collection is
guaranteed by public law.
(Title 44 United States Code).
& Research > Government
you have searched our online catalog and found entries that
read: "Library Location: Government Documents-Library,
2nd Floor." This means that you have found a book,
report, or other item published by the Government Printing
Office. Most government documents are shelved near the
computer lab on the second floor. Write down the call
number. Books are shelved in alpha-numerical order according
to the government agency responsible for publication.
If you have trouble locating a government document item, please
feel free to consult the Supervisor of Government Documents,
whose office is located near the govdoc shelves on the 2nd
Memorial Library is a selective U.S. government publications
depository for the 24th Congressional District. The Government
Documents office is located on the 2nd floor of the Collins
Learning Center. This program brings useful information from
the federal government to Library users in a variety of media:
Our depository collection focuses on materials from several
Department of Education
Department of Justice
Other government agencies
Dallas Baptist University community and the general public
may use these materials during regular open hours. In most
cases, Government Documents may be checked out.
Catalog: To find government documents in the Online
Catalog, use Advanced Search. In the first box, type
<govdoc> as your search term, then choose "Keyword"
from the drop-down list. In the second box, type your
topic of interest, and again select "Keyword"
from the adjacent drop-down list. Your search will
retrieve only government documents pertaining to your topic.
FDsys (GPO's Federal Digital System)
– free online access to official publications from all three branches of the Federal Government
- Thomas – extensive
information from the United States Congress, through the
Library of Congress, including bills, laws, reports, calendars,
historical documents, and explanations of how our laws are
- Direct links to selected government sites are found on
the Library’s Government
Documents links page
- Access to the GPO Monthly Catalog, the index to government documents, is available online through FirstSearch. Visit our Find Articles page, roll your mouse over Supplemental Sources, and choose FirstSearch Collections. Select "GPO" from the list of options to begin your search.
- Instruction in the use of government documents provided upon request
- Individual instruction:
- In the use of online government databases
- In the use of documents (print, microfiche, and online formats)
- Class instruction:
- At request of instructor
- Make arrangements with GovDocs Supervisor (see below)
We are here to
For more information,
questions, or comments regarding the Government Documents
collection, please contact:
Government Documents Supervisor
ensure prompt attention to email,
include "DBU" in the subject line of your message.
to Previous Page]