Distance Learning Services
Home > Library & Research > Distance Learning Services
All members of DBU’s Distance Learning community have access to the
services of Vance Memorial Library at Dallas Baptist University:
- DBU North
- DBU Hurst-Colleyville
- DBU Mansfield
- online via Blackboard
- extension sites
- education cohort groups
- students, faculty and staff involved in these services
Our motto is “Equivalent Access – Superior Service.”
How to access the Library’s materials
Please read the information below before submitting your first request.
Find the items you need by searching the Library’s online catalog, Worldcat Local.
- Request the items you want by completing the Distance Education Book Request Form. Be sure to provide complete and accurate information when completing the form.
- Books will be mailed to you upon request. DBU pays the outgoing postage, but we ask that you pay return postage. A return mailing label will be provided for your convenience. You can request the reduced book rate at the post office to save money on postage. If your return label is misplaced, please mail the items to:
Vance Memorial Library
Attn: Distance Learning
Dallas Baptist University
3000 Mountain Creek Parkway
Dallas, TX 75211
- Our Distance Learning patrons who check out books in this manner are subject to the same circulation policies, privileges, and responsibilities as our regular patrons.
If you need an article from a magazine or journal owned by the Library, complete the Distance Education Article Request form. We will photocopy the article, and mail or fax it to you, depending on your preference. To make sure you get the information you’ve requested, be sure to fill out the form accurately and completely. The Library does not lend printed issues of periodicals.
You are always welcome to use the Library when you come on campus. The Library is located on the 1st and 2nd floors of the Collins Learning Center, at the north end of the campus, between the Roberts and Strickland buildings. In order to check out materials, you must have a current DBU ID card, which may be obtained in the computer lab on the second floor of our building. Our hours are:
M-F 6:45 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Sat. 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sun.* 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Closed MW, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. for chapel
* Sunday hours vary during breaks. Please call to verify hours of service during Fall, Winter, or Spring breaks. Summer hours will also vary.
How to access other information resources
The DBU Vance Memorial Library provides its users with a large variety of online databases. These provide access to thousands of articles from scholarly journals, newspapers, magazines, and other information sources. Many offer the full text of the article for you to read online or print from your computer. Login instructions can be found at the bottom of the online databases home page. If you need assistance in using the databases, contact the Director of Distance Learning Library Services at 214-333-5225 or 1-800-483-7048.
If your search leads you to an article or book not owned by DBU’s Library, you can request it through Interlibrary Loan.
If you live in Texas, you may be able to find the items you need at a library near you by using your TexShare card. You can apply for a card online, and use it to borrow books from most Texas college and university libraries – even some public libraries. For a list of participating libraries, visit the TexShare website.
We are here to help you!
For more information, questions, or comments regarding Distance Learning Library Services, please contact:
Director of Distance Learning Library Services
To ensure prompt attention to email,
please include "DBU" in the subject line of your message.