> Library & Research >
Holds & Recalls
Your Library Account
Memorial Library serves the DBU community by offering thousands
of information resources in a variety of formats. Some resources
are available online, such as periodical
databases and ebooks,
while others are held within the Library’s premises
in the Collins Learning Center on the DBU campus. Physical
holdings of the Library include:
(journals, magazines, newspapers, etc.)
and spoken-word CDs and records
(microfilm and microfiche)
of these items are always kept in the Library so everyone
can have access to them. Periodicals,
CDs and CD-ROMs, microforms, reference books, and items in
special collections fall into
this category. Other items may be checked out, or circulated,
by members of the DBU community.
your current DBU ID card to check out items.
are responsible for items checked out in your name –
don’t loan your card or your Library
items to anyone else.
- Undergraduates: 25 books
- Graduates: 30 books
- Doctoral students: 60 books
- All students: 2 DVDs/Videos
- TexShare patrons: 10 books (no renewals)
items from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor circulation desk
to check out.
– 4 weeks
– 2 weeks
items vary: click here for information
may be returned to the book drops:
In front of the Collins Learning Center, left of the
Slot in the circulation desk, just inside the Library
and DVDs must be returned at the circulation desk –
using the book drops could result in damage to the items.
students should return all Library items one week before
the end of their last term.
items may be renewed ONLY once, before they are due.
someone has placed a Hold on your item,
you won’t be allowed to renew it.
ways to renew your items:
In person at the circulation desk
By phone: 214-333-5320
By email: email@example.com
your name and DBU ID #.
Include title, author, and barcode number from item.
Online: complete the Online
1. Select "Sign In" next to "My Library Account." (top right of screen)
2. Type your username - 7 digit DBU ID number (the first time you will need
to select the "set/reset password" option and a password link will be sent to
your DBU email).
3. Type your password.
4. Choose "My Library Account"
(top right of screen)
5. Item[s] checked out to you will appear in a list.
6. Click "Renew" for item[s] you wish to renew.
courteous to your fellow students – turn in your Library
materials on time!
- Reserve items: $0.25-$1.00/day as indicated on the item
- Laptops: $0.25/minute
overdue fines are:
notices will be mailed to you. Failure to receive a notice does not remove the patron's responsibility to return materials or pay fines.
- Late fines must be paid at the circulation desk by cash or check.
an item is 50 days overdue, it is considered lost.
items result in a $50.00 lost item fee.
- If not paid within 10 days of notification, lost item fees will be transferred to the student's DBU account. Failure to receive the notification letter does not absolve the student's debt.
- Lost item fees that have been transferred to the student's account must be paid in the Cashier's office.
- If a lost book is later returned to the Library, the student will receive a refund of $37.50 ($10.00 for Videos/DVDs). The maximum overdue fine ($12.50 for books; $40.00 for videos/DVDs) will be assessed and subtracted from the total lost item fee.
to pay fines (over $10.00) or return materials will result
in a suspension of Library privileges. This includes TexShare and interlibrary loan privileges.
- Fines for interlibrary loan items are levied by the lending library and are the responsibility of the patron.
the item you want is checked out, you may place a "Hold" on
the item, so it can’t be renewed or checked out by anyone
place a HOLD:
for the item in the online Library
- Click on the title of the item.
- Click "Place Hold”.
your DBU ID # and password where prompted.
- Select "Submit" -- you will be notified by email (DBU email) when the item is available.
members and administrators may RECALL checked-out items needed
urgently. If your item is recalled:
from the Library will call you, requesting that you return
the item within 8 days.
8 days, a fine of $1.00 per day will be assessed.
that are recalled cannot be renewed, and Holds cannot be
placed on them.
may access your library account online in the Library
- Select "Sign In" next to "My Library Account." (top right of screen).
- Type your username - 7 digit DBU ID number (the first time you will need to select the "set/reset password" option and a password link will be sent to your DBU email).
- Type your password.
- Choose "My Library Account" (top right of screen)
you have accessed your account, you can:
your personal information.
the due dates for items you have checked out.
your checked-out items.
a Hold request on an unavailable item.
any fines you may owe.
sure to “Logout.”
are here to help you!
information, questions, or comments regarding Circulation
Services, please contact:
ensure prompt attention to email,
include "DBU" in the subject line of your message.
to Previous Page]