MBA and M.A. in Christian Education
Judy Morris, D.Ed.Min., M.A. in Christian Education Director
Sandra Reid, Ph.D., MBA Director
Home > Graduate Home > School of Leadership > MBA and M.A. in Christian Education
The role of the church leader continues to grow in complexity as the concept of the global community expands. The pressure to operate as a business with scarce resources is a reality that cannot be ignored. Many predict that the real mission fields in the future will be through business leaders as they work in the United States, Europe, and third world countries, heightening the demand to blend theological knowledge and training with business theory and application.
Prospective ministry students will pursue this dual degree to obtain and strengthen the skills and competencies needed to be effective in church leadership roles such as executive pastor, division leader, church planter, and/or global ministry. In addition, while the vast majority of students applying for admission to this unique, dual degree program may already be serving in a ministry or believe they are called to serve, there will also be students who have started a business career and subsequently sense a call to the ministry.
Existing admission criteria remains the same for both degree programs.
Prerequisite course work must be satisfied for both degree programs.
STUDY PLAN - Master of Arts in Christian Education
Required Core Curriculum (30 hours)
Concentration (12 hours) - 12 hours (4 courses) from MBA core below.
TOTAL HOURS: 54 hours
30 hours MACE Core Course Requirements
12 hours from MBA Core Course Requirements
12 hours from MBA Core as M.A. in Christian Education Concentration in Business Administration
STUDY PLAN - Master of Business Administration
Required Core Curriculum (24 hours)
Concentration (12 hours) - 12 hours (4 courses) from M.A. in Christian Education core above.
TOTAL HOURS: 54 hours
24 hours MBA Core Course Requirements
18 hours from M.A. in Christian Education Core Course Requirements
12 hours from M.A. in Christian Education Core as MBA Concentration in Christian Education
Criteria for Admission:
All applicants for the program MUST meet all three (3) requirements AND two (2) of the admission criteria listed below to be considered for admission.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Evidence that the student is a Christian, and is compatible with DBU's mission by proven conduct in accordance with Christian standards set forth in the Bible, announced intent, and by church involvement.
- Old and New Testament Survey courses are prerequisites that should be taken either prior to entering the program or in conjunction with the M.A. in Christian Education courses.
- A grade point average of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale in all previous course work.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum GRE score of 400 on the verbal section or an undergraduate entrance score of 1100 on the SAT or 24 on the ACT.
- Five or more years of successful, relevant ministry experience that may be evidenced through positions held and minister's recommendations.
- Twelve hours of graduate work from an accredited institution with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
Click to download Graduate Catalog >>
[Back to Top]
[School of Leadership Home]