Home > International Admissions and Student Services > Employment > On Campus Employment
Find On Campus Employment
Career Services is the department at DBU that helps students to find employment. You should visit their office and ask about how to register for the CareerBridge (make sure that you take a copy of your resume with you).
After You are Hired
- Some offices will ask you to submit Certification of On Campus Eligibility Form. Bring it by the International Admissions and Immigration Office to have it filled out (IC room 201). Submit the completed form to your supervisor
- Once you have a Social Security card, complete the following form and take it with you to the business office (Stickland Building) along with your social security card: DBU NIV Information Collection Form.
Apply for a Social Security Number
In order to apply for a social security number you must have been offered and have accepted an on campus job that fits in the restrictions of your visa. Here are the steps to apply for a social security card:
- Bring a letter from your employer to the International Admissions and Immigration Office (DIAI), or have your supervisor email the following information:
- Your Job Title
- Your Immediate Supervisor and their title
- DIAI will provide you 2 letters: Social Security Status Letter and Employer Confirmation Letter. DIAI will sign the status letter and you will need to have your supervisor sign the employer letter.
- Take the following documents to the local Social Security office
- I-20 (all 3 pages)
- I-94 card (should be stapled in your passport)
- 2 letters mentioned above
- Note: It usually takes about 2 weeks for your card to arrive, but it can take as many as 6 or 7 weeks.
- Once you receive your card, contact your employer to let them know that you have the card and are ready to begin working.