Dorm Check In
Dorms open up for international students 1 week before orientation. Students who
the residence halls open must make arrangements for off-campus housing until the
halls open (see hotel information below).
Dorm rooms are assigned first come first served. In order to reserve a room, we must have the
following forms completed 1 week before you leave your home country:
DBU provides free airport transportation for new students from the DFW airport to the DBU
vans operate from Monday through Saturday. Flights must leave/arrive at DFW
after 8:00 a.m
. or before 10:00 p.m.
The International Admissions Office must know at least one week in advance when you are
and a DBU van will be scheduled to pick you up at the airport.
If you have a friend or family member picking you up, and you will be living on campus, please
let the International Admissions Office know the day you will arrive in order for your dorm room
Flight Arrival Form
(Use this form to notify DBU about your international flight information)
Traveling Information Sheet
The U.S. Immigration Service has an information sheet that provides useful information on
what an F-1 status individual can expect upon arrival at a U.S. port of entry. It is helpful to
download and print this form to carry with you as you travel to the U.S.
Directions to DBU
Directions to DBU
What To Do In Advance...
- Buy two good suitcases (as large as possible within size limitations)
- Put identification marks and labels on the bags
- Items to Have in Your Checked Baggage:
- Copies of all certificates/documents
- Medical history files
- Essentials (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc)
- Items to Have in Your Hand Baggage:
- Medicines (including air-sickness)
- Reading materials for flight
- Original important documents (I-20, visa, tickets, passport, etc)
- Money and Travelers Checks (Arrange to send or take funds with you to pay for the
- Things needed to survive for a week (in case your luggage gets misplaced)
- Eye glasses and prescription
- Items to Keep With You (pocket, purse, etc):
- Emergency contact list
- Traveler's Checks and cash
- Items to Leave at Home:
Address & phone number where you can be reached
Copy of all important documents (passport, I-20, medical
A Week Before Your Flight...
- Check your flight schedule to see if there are any delays or changes
- Rest well for the long journey
On the Day of Your Flight...
- Wear something comfortable
- Be at the airport 3-4 hours before departure
- Collect $20-$30 cash at the airport (part of it in $1 bills)
- Sleep as much as possible during the flight
Things to Know...
- From May to September, temperatures in the Dallas-Fort Worth area usually average
between 26.7 C (80 F) to 37.8 C (100 F). From October to April, temperatures may vary
from -6.6 C (20 F) to 21.1 C (70 F) with an average of about 10 C (50 F).
- Please visit
weather.com to find
out the current weather temperature.
Hotel Listing Information
If you or any family members traveling with you need temporary
accommodations, below are
some of the hotels in the area close to DBU (within a short drive).
All rates are subject to change.
- Holiday Inn
Address: 4112 S Carrier Pkwy, Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Rate: $94.00 plus tax per night (standard room)
Distance: 5.28 miles - 9 minutes
Back to Top