Home > Grad Programs > GSOM > Dual Degrees > MACE/MBA
M.A. in Christian Education and
Master of Business Administration
Dual Degree Program
Judy Morris, D.Ed.Min., M.A. in Christian Education Program Director
Sandra Reid, Ph.D., MBA Program Director
The role of the church leader continues to grow in complexity as the concept of the global community expands. The pressure to operate as a business with scarce resources is a reality that cannot be ignored. Many predict that the real mission fields in the future will be through business leaders as they work in the United States, Europe, and third world countries, heightening the demand to blend theological knowledge and training with business theory and application.
Student ministers pursue this dual degree to obtain and strengthen the skills and competencies needed to be effective in church leadership roles such as executive pastor, division leader, church planter, and/or global ministry. In addition, while the vast majority of students admitted to this unique, dual degree program may already be serving in a ministry or believe they are called to serve, students include those who have started a business career and subsequently sense a call to the ministry.
In order to pursue a Dual Master's Degree program, the applicant must apply to, meet the existing admission requirements for, and be accepted into each of the master's degrees which comprise the dual degree program.
Note: Church Membership Requirement (for Admission into the Ph.D. in Leadership Studies’ Ministry Concentration, Master’s Ministry Degrees, and Advanced Ministry Certificate Programs): Within the last 12 months the applicant must have been an active member of a Christian church that holds Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and who holds solely the Old Testament and the New Testament as sacred Scripture. Click for Church Membership form.
Prerequisite course work must be satisfied for both degree programs.
STUDY PLAN - Master of Arts in Christian Education
Required Curriculum (30 hours)
Concentration (12 hours) - 12 hours (4 courses) from MBA core below.
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS REQUIRED: 54 hours
30 hours M.A. in Christian Education Required Curriculum
12 hours from Master of Business Administration Required Curriculum used as
M.A. in Christian Education Concentration in Business Administration
12 hours from Master of Business Administration Required Curriculum
STUDY PLAN - Master of Business Administration
Required Curriculum (24 hours)
Concentration (12 hours) - 12 hours (4 courses) from M.A. in Christian Education core above.
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS REQUIRED: 54 hours
24 hours MBA Required Curriculum
12 hours from M.A. in Christian Education Required Curriculum used as MBA
18 hours transferred from M.A. in Christian Education Required Curriculum
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION:
All applicants for the program MUST meet all three (3) requirements AND two (2) of the admission criteria listed below to be considered for admission.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Evidence that the student is a Christian, and is compatible with DBU's mission by proven conduct in accordance with Christian standards set forth in the Bible, announced intent, and by church involvement.
- Old and New Testament Survey courses are prerequisites that should be taken either prior to entering the program or in conjunction with the M.A. in Christian Education courses.
- A grade point average of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale in all previous course work.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
The program director will have additional information about
Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examinations® (GRE®) score requirements or an undergraduate entrance score of 1100 on the SAT or 24 on the ACT.
- Five or more years of successful, relevant ministry experience that may be evidenced through positions held and minister's recommendations.
- Twelve hours of graduate work from an accredited institution with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
(S-L) = Course(s) with field-based service-learning component
Click to download Graduate Catalog >>
[Back to Top]
[Graduate School of Ministry]