> Graduate Home > Financial
Information > Financial
Aid > Scholarships
Helpful Phone Numbers
Financial Aid Office
A limited number of scholarships are available for students
attending DBU. Most scholarship programs also have a limited
amount of funding with priority deadlines for making application.
New students should contact the specific colleges for complete
and current information on scholarships for entering students.
Continuing students should contact the Office of Financial Aid
for complete and current information on continuing student scholarships.
of the scholarships available to graduate students are listed
Baptist Minister's Dependent Scholarship
The spouse and/or dependent children of an ordained or licensed minister who is ACTIVELY SERVING FULL-TIME in any Baptist church or agency ministry, or a spouse and/or dependent child of a Baptist ministerial student currently enrolled at Dallas Baptist University or any Baptist Seminary may be eligible to receive a $50 per semester hour tuition scholarship. Student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), DBU Suppelemental Application for Financial Aid, and any other required paperwork, as requested.
Camp Ministry Matching Gift Program
Dallas Baptist University will match designated Christian Camp gifts for DBU students up to, but not exceeding, $1,000.00 per academic year, per student scholarship, beginning August 1, 2010.
The following is a list of scholarship provisions and requirements for the DBU camp ministry matching gift program which must be completely reviewed by each participating camp:
- The scholarship program applies for both graduate and undergraduate students, full-time or part-time.
- The scholarship program only matches funds from Christian camps that hold Jesus Christ to be their Lord and Savior.
- Gifts from denominations (e.g. Baptist General Convention of Texas, United Methodist Conference, etc.) or other para-church organizations (e.g. Campus Crusade for Christ, BSM, Focus on the Family, etc.) are not included in this matching gift program. This is a matching gift scholarship program for individual Christian camps only.
- Scholarships under this policy are applicable for fall, spring, summer, and winter terms. Scholarships may only be used for current student accounts (within the last 12 months) and not for past bills on student accounts.
- Before a scholarship gift is made to DBU, the camp must determine that this scholarship program is within its benevolent and charitable purposes. Then, the treasurer or camp director may recommend a specific student for the scholarship.
- The recommended student must have been employed as a full-time staff member for at least one full summer at the camp or must currently be employed as a full-time year-round staff member at the camp which is funding the scholarship. The scholarship may not be used in lieu of compensation for working at the camp.
- Checks should be made payable to Dallas Baptist University. Notation should be made on the camp check identifying the student who is recommended to receive the scholarship by name and social security number. Checks should be sent to the DBU Office of Financial Aid.
- Scholarship funds given to DBU by the camp regarding a recommended student cannot originate with the student or the student’s family member(s), such as parents and grandparents nor can the funds be a “pass through” gift specifically benefiting a designated student. Donors or other interested parties may contribute to the camp; however, the camp must explain to individuals who contribute to scholarships that federal law, particularly the Internal Revenue Code and relevant IRS regulations, restricts the ability of family members to financially support relatives who are students through scholarships for the purpose of obtaining or creating a tax benefit. Contributions to scholarships for which a tax benefit will be sought should not be motivated by a desire to assist a specific student, but rather a general desire to assist students from the camp who are pursuing their education at DBU. Any questions regarding this issue should be independently directed to a competent attorney, CPA, or tax consultant.
- Complete and submit required financial aid paperwork, Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), DBU Supplemental Application for Financial Aid and Scholarships, and any other required paperwork as requested.
Please note that no provisions of this policy constitute or may be relied upon as legal advice to a camp or individual.
For the Nations Institute Scholarship
Dallas Baptist University offers a $70 per hour tuition scholarship to graduates of CFNI who enroll at DBU on a full-or part-time basis. Students will be required to submit a copy of their CFNI diploma to the Office of Financial Aid. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), DBU Supplemental Application for Financial Aid, and any other required paperwork, as requested.
Church Matching Gift Program
Dallas Baptist University will match up to $3500 per year given on a student's behalf from his/her local church, beginning with the fall 2016 semester. Certain restrictions apply. Refer to the Church Matching Gift Guidelines in the Financial Aid Forms for more information.
Students who are physically disabled and are enrolled or will be enrolled at Dallas Baptist University should contact the Texas Rehabilitation Commission regarding financial aid specifically for the disabled.
Ministry Student Grant/Scholarship
The Ministry Student Grant/Scholarship program is available to qualifying students who have shown evidence of a divine call to vocational or bi-vocational church related Christian ministry. Active membership in DBU’s Ministry Fellowship and an annual application are required. Applications for this scholarship may be obtained in January of each year from the Ministry Student Office, the Office of Financial Aid or at www.dbu.edu/financialaid_ministerial.asp Applications turned in after April 1 will not be awarded for the spring semester. Applications turned in after July 15 will not be awarded for the summer semester.