> Graduate Home > Financial
Information > Financial
Aid > Student Rights and Responsibilities
STUDENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You have the right to know ...
- What financial aid programs are available at Dallas Baptist University.
- The deadline for submitting application for each of the programs.
- How financial aid will be distributed, how decisions on distributions are made, and the basis for these decisions.
- How your financial aid was determined. (Costs for tuition, fees, room, board, travel, books, supplies, personal and miscellaneous expenses are considered in your budget).
- What resources (your current assets, other financial aid, etc.) were considered in the calculation of your need.
- How much of your financial need as determined by DBU has been met.
- The details of the various programs in your student aid package.
- What portion of the financial aid you received must be repaid, and what portion is grant aid. If the aid is a loan, you have the right to know the interest rate, the total amount that must be repaid, the payback procedures, and the length of time you have to repay the loan, and when the repayment is to begin.
- How DBU determines if you are making satisfactory progress and what happens if you are not.
In Accepting Your Responsibilities You Must ...
- Complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time to the proper place.
- Provide correct information. In most instances, knowingly mis-reporting information on financial aid application forms is a violation of law and may be considered a criminal offense which could result in indictment under the U.S. Criminal Code.
- Return all additional documentation, verification, corrections, and/or new information requested by either the Office of Financial Aid or the agency to which you submitted your application.
- Be responsible for reading and understanding all forms that you are asked to sign, and for keeping copies of them.
- Live up to all agreements that you sign.
- Perform the work agreed on in accepting a University work-study award.
- Be aware of and comply with deadlines for application or reapplication for aid.
- Be aware of the DBU refund procedures.
- Be aware that early withdrawal from the term may result in a pro rata reduction of financial aid eligibility. Such a reduction may require that you repay money that you received to attend school.
- Report changes in name, address, and telephone number to the proper office.
[Back to Top]