Minor in Music Business
> Academics > College of Business > Music
Business > Minor in Music Business
A minor in Music Business combines a comprehensive examination of the commercial Music Industry and the basic elements of business to provide the student with integrated study in the continually expanding and complex field of Music Business.
The Music Business minor explores:
- the business practices, procedures, technologies and career opportunities within the commercial Music Industry
- the history of both Western music and Commercial (popular) music
- the development and inner workings of the recording industry
- the fundamental concepts and principles of economics, accounting and marketing
- the management of a successful freelance career in the music business
The Music Business minor is designed to complement and enhance a variety of academic majors and offers the student a field of study that is marketable, diverse, exciting and fun!
** Specific course to be determined by the Theory Placement Exam.
Note: In addition, General Studies course recommendations for a minor in Music Business should include:
Social Science: ECON 2301 Principles of Macroeconomics is required.
(S-L) = Course(s) with field-based service-learning component.
Minimum GPA Required for Graduation from Dallas Baptist University
DBU requires a minimum cumulative, major, and minor GPA of 2.0 (comprised of transfer and DBU hours). In addition to this requirement, DBU also requires a DBU minimum cumulative, major, and minor GPA of 2.0 (comprised of DBU residency hours).
[Back to Top of
[Return to Previous Page]